As a solopreneur, you’re in charge of pretty much everything regarding your business. It’s a lot to keep up with, and if you’re trying to do it all in your head, you’ll quickly discover just how impossible that can be. Thankfully, the mobile world offers up quite a few options that can make your life not only easier, but also help your business grow and thrive. Below, we’ll cover some of the best solopreneur apps on the market today.
Why Use Solopreneur Apps?
Before we get into the actual apps, we need to discuss the “why” of the situation. Can’t you do most things yourself, without the help of a mobile device? Sure you can. If you have the time, energy, money and brain space. Most of us don’t. Mobile apps, in particular some of the free ones we’ll cover, simplify things, allowing you to focus on what you do best. With that being said, not all apps are created equal. Make sure you check out the app’s usage agreement, security and confidentiality before doing anything.
- Wunderlist. Yes, it’s a calendar and list-making app, but it’s a crucial aid for solopreneurs nonetheless. Wunderlist syncs across mobile devices, and it offers a plethora of features, ranging from creating work to-do lists to adding sub-items to lists and even sharing your content with other users.
- Evernote. This one has been around for a long time, but it’s one of the best solopreneur apps on the market today. Whether you opt for the free basic edition or pay for the pro upgrade, get it. Evernote is far more than just a note-taking tool. It lets you collaborate, collate, combine, capture, share, record, photograph, remind and more.
- Trello. As a solopreneur, you’re going to need to manage projects very carefully. That’s what Trello was built to do. Track all the details of the project, whether you’re remodeling a client’s basement or building a custom food trailer.
- Toggl. Do you find that your time just slips away? Not making the most of your billable hours? Toggl can help. It’s a powerful time management tool and should be counted among the must-have solopreneur apps out there. It’s also free, and can help you organize, track and streamline your time usage across projects, clients, jobs, in-office responsibilities and more.
- 17hats. The name really says it all – this app wears so many hats that you’ll wonder how you ever functioned without it. Really, 17hats is a full CRM platform that fits on your smartphone or tablet. And, unlike other CRMs, it includes online invoicing and payment processing, online contracts, quotes, and questionnaires.
- Shake. Need to create binding contracts? What about leases and rental agreements? Maybe you need to create sales documents, or something completely different. This is what Shake does – it’s a one-stop, quick-creation tool for all your legal document needs and it works right on your smartphone.
These are just a few of the most important solopreneur apps on the market. There are quite a few others, and the industry is constantly evolving, so if the functionality you need isn’t available just yet, rest assured that it’s probably on its way.